Sharing an Inception Story
Once you have created a Story in Inception, you might want to share it with other people. This is done by generating a URL for the Story on a publicly accessible location (hosted by WoodWing). The URL can then be:
- Sent to other people so that they can view the Story in their Web browser (no log in or Inception subscription is required)
- Embedded in a Web site as a way of integrating the content
Before you start
Before you start, take note of the following:
- When you make changes to a Story that is shared, it can take up to 5 minutes for these changes to be visible.
- It is not possible to 'un-share' a story: once it is shared and someone has the link, the content of the Story can always be viewed.
- When deleting the original Story in Inception, the shared version still exists (and can still be viewed).
Generating the URL
To generate the URL, simply click 'Share' in the top toolbar next to your Avatar.
The URL is generated and shown in a window. Copy or view the link and share it as you see fit.
How to tell if a Story has been shared?
Once a Story has been shared, a check mark is shown in front of the Share button.