Configuring Inception for publishing to Adobe AEM
This article describes how to set up Inception for publishing stories to Adobe AEM. It involves the following steps:
- Obtaining a Client ID and Device token from Adobe by using your Adobe ID
- Setting up a Publish Channel in Inception
- Testing the configuration by publishing a Story
1. Obtaining an Adobe Device ID and Device token
To connect Inception with Adobe AEM, a Device ID and Device token is needed. These can be obtained from Adobe by using your Adobe ID.
Step 1. Create an Adobe ID or use an existing Adobe ID and assign it to Adobe AEM projects and user roles.
Note: Do not use an AdobeID that is associated with a Master Admin for Adobe AEM.
Step 2. Navigate to https://aex.publish.adobe.com/ to access the Adobe IMS Device Token Generator:
Step 3. Fill in the following IMS Client ID and click IMS Authorize:
Step 4. Log in with the Adobe ID that you created in step 1.
A Device ID and Device Token will be generated. Keep these available, you will need to enter them in the following step.
2. Setting up a Publish Channel in Inception
Publishing a Story in Inception is done by a Publish Channel. This Publish Channel needs to be set up in Inception.
Step 1. In Inception, access the Publish channels page by clicking your Avatar followed by Configuration.
Step 2. In the menu on the left, click Adobe AEM Channels and click Add Channel.
Step 3. Fill out the details.
Note: Your changes are automatically saved.
- Name. Enter a descriptive name.
- Device token. Enter the Device Token that was generated in the steps above.
- Device ID. Enter the Device ID that was generated in the steps above.
- Maximum Image Size. Set the maximum width and height (in pixels) for images in a Story. All images that exceed these sizes will be down-sized in the published Story to these maximum settings (this option needs to be manually enabled when publishing a Story). Down-sizing images results in lower file sizes and therefore shorter download times for the user.
Step 4. Click outside any of the fields to have the channel automatically created.
Note: For security reasons, the Device Token and Device ID are hidden from view.
3. Testing the configuration by publishing a Story
Test the configuration by publishing a Story to Adobe AEM.