This article lists issues that may occur when installing the Desktop client for Elvis 5.
"Elvis" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer
Error occurs on OS X 10.9 Mavericks when starting Elvis client for the first time.
- Open Elvis client application.
- The security warning '"Elvis" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.' will occur.
- Open OS X System Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- In the General tab it should show the following message: '"Elvis" was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer.'
- Click the 'Open anyway' button to accept the Elvis client.
The next time the Elvis client is opened OS X will not show the security warning anymore.
The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem
This error occurs when upgrading the Desktop client from Elvis 5.26.5 or earlier without first having uninstalled the currently installed version. This is required because the certificate used for building the Desktop client has been renewed in Elvis 5.26.6.
- 12 June 2018: Added section 'The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem'.