By default, Elvis runs under the SYSTEM account on Windows and for most use cases this is sufficient. There are a few exceptions where you need to run the Elvis server service under a (local or domain) user account.
One exception is running bulk imports where it's necessary that the Elvis user has access to shares on other servers in the network, from where files need to be imported.
Follow the following steps to assign a valid user to the Elvis server windows service:
- Create an elvisadmin user
- Assign it to the Administrators group
- Give the elvisadmin user full control on the PostgreSQL data folder C:\Elvis Hot Data\dstore.
Note: It does not seem to be sufficient that the elvisadmin user is already member of the Administrators group, so it is important to assign the specific user to this folder.
- Give the elvisadmin user full control on the Elvis logs folder C:\ProgramData\Elvis Server\Logs.
- Assign the elvisadmin user to Elvis server service.
- Start the Elvis server service.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.