Note: With the discontinuation of support for Adobe Drive, the Elvis Drive has been made obsolete.
Installing Elvis Drive on your machine is very straight forward. Make sure you install Adobe Drive version 3.2 or higher before you install the Elvis Drive connector.
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 (R2), Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7
- Adobe Creative Suite (5, 5.5 or 6) must be installed
- Java 1.6 or higher must be installed
- Your system must meet the system requirements of Adobe Drive
- A LAN connection (minimum 100MBit) to your Elvis server is required for optimal performance.
Start the installation of Elvis Drive from the client install page on the server, where you can download Elvis Drive for Windows and for Mac OS X.
When you click install, the download links for Adobe Drive and the download links for the OS X Elvis Drive connectors become available. First install Adobe Drive including the latest update and then download and run the Elvis Drive connector installer and follow the instructions on the screen.
Setting up Elvis Drive
Start up Adobe Drive and take the following steps to add Elvis Drive to your available volumes.
Click the Add Drive button.
Add Elvis server details
Click on the Elvis connector on the left side and fill in the details:
- Server URL- URL of your Elvis server
- Username - your Elvis username
- Password - your Elvis password
- Remember me - this option makes sure that Adobe Drive remembers your login credentials.
- Enable asset editing offline when server is not available - when turned on, the Elvis Drive volume stays available when you are no longer connected with the server. While disconnected, only the files and folders that you checked out will be available. You can continue working on these files locally. When you are connected to the server again, you can check in your modifications.
- Automatically connect to this server when computer starts - when turned on, Elvis Drive will be automatically started and connected when your computer starts.