Accessing Elvis DAM through a Web browser is an easy way of giving external users access to the content stored in Elvis. All they need is a Web browser, a link to Elvis and log-in credentials.
Accessing Elvis through a Web browser is done through a range of different applications, each with their own set of features:
- Basic Web client
- Shared links page
- Open-source clients
Each applications is briefly described below.
The Basic Web client
This application has limited features and is perfect for general use.
For more information, see Using the Basic Web Client of Elvis DAM.
Shared Links page
When a file is shared with other users, they access these files through the Shared Links page.
Open-source clients perform a specific role:
- Approval tool. Allows users (external customers, attendees to a meeting) to assign a rating to images, videos and other content. This functionality is provided through a bundled plug-in.
- Download portal. Used for distributing content. It can be connected to a content delivery service such as Akamai or Amazon CloudFront to provide fast downloads across the globe. This functionality is provided through a bundled plug-in.
- Live feed. For use on wall-mounted screens in publishing environments to show new material that is being received or to display what is being worked on at the moment. This functionality is provided through a bundled plug-in.
- Syndication site. An image and video oriented distribution or 'stock photo' site. It allows searching, filtering, previewing and buying material. This functionality is provided through a bundled plug-in.
Features per application
The following table shows a general overview of the features that are available in each application:
Note: This list is not complete, use it as a reference only. The availability of a feature for a user is also influenced by the type of license used, the user type that is assigned and permissions that are set up.
|Feature||Basic Web Client||Shared Links page|
|Logging in / Logging out||Yes||-|
|Opening for editing (checkout)||-||-|
Legend: Yes = feature is supported. - = feature is not supported.
Accessing an application
An application is accessed by doing one of the following:
- Basic Web Client: enter the following address:
<Elvis DAM Server URL>/web
- Shared Links page: use the link that was generated by Elvis (it is typically distributed by e-mail).
- Open-source Client: use the link that was provided to you.
Supported Web browsers
For an overview of the supported Web browsers, see Compatibility of Web browsers with Elvis.