Special metadata fields in Elvis 4 Server
Here are some of the special metadata fields that you encounter in Elvis, this list only contains the most important ones.
There are a lot of different date fields in Elvis that contain information about creation, modification, import, creation of metadata and others.
- assetCreated - When the asset was created is Elvis.
- assetModified - Updated when metadata or anything else on the asset is changed in Elvis.
- assetFileModified - Updated when a new file is checked in - also updated on a collection when it's contents is changed.
- fileCreated - Creation date of file on filesystem. Only read from the filesystem when manually importing in the desktop client. The filesystem creation date cannot be read through java, nor through exiftool (perl). If the fileCreated is empty the value of is set to the value of fileModified.
- fileModified - Modified date of file on filesystem. If imported by desktop client, it is read from the client filesystem. The usefulness of this field is questionable. For example if the file was imported through the webservice this will be the lastModified date of the temp file created for the webservice attachement on the server, which won't be of much use.
- created - Embedded creation date (for example EXIF DateTimeOriginal = time recorded by the camera that took the photo), not available for all assets, only for assets that have embedded date time in them.
- modified - Embedded modified date, only available if it is embedded in the file.
- iptcCreated - Embedded creation date read from ITPC or XMP-photoshop, only available if it is embedded in the file.
- xmpCreated - Embedded creation date read from XMP, only available if it is embedded in the file.
- sceCreated - Creation date received from WoodWing Enterprise import.
- sceModified - Modified date received from WoodWing Enterprise import.
These fields are simple counters that are incremented when various asset data is changed. Used by clients like the Elvis InDesign, AIR Client and web browsers to know when to refresh cached data.
- contentETag - A number that is incremented every time the asset file contents is changed.
- previewETag - A number that is incremented every time the asset previews are changed.
There are technical metadata fields in Elvis that contain information about the location of the file in the folder structure behind Elvis. This can be useful for search, sort and filter possibilities. We'll show with an example. Let's say we have the asset:
/Some Zone/sub folder-A/sub folder-B/someasset.txt
- assetPath - Full asset path (folder including filename), results in: /Some Zone/sub folder-A/sub folder-B/someasset.txt.
- filename - Whole filename (including extension), results in: someasset.txt.
- name - Name of asset (without extension for virtual assets, like collections), results in: someasset.txt.
- folderPath - Folder part of assetPath (excluding trailing slash and filename), results in: /Some Zone/sub folder-A/sub folder-B.
- ancestorPaths - This is a special one, it stores all 'ancestor' folder paths of the full path, results in: /Some Zone/sub folder-A/sub folder-B /Some Zone/sub folder-A /Some Zone.
- assetPathTokenized - The tokenized version of the full asset path, results in: Some Zone sub folder A B someasset txt.
Some useful search examples:
- Search for all assets in folder /Some Zone/sub folder-A, including assets in subfolders:
ancestorPaths:"/Some Zone/sub folder-A"
- Search for all asset in folder /Some Zone/sub folder-A, excluding assets in subfolders:
folderPath:"/Some Zone/sub folder-A"
File type fields
- assetType - Lowercase extension, or 'unknown' for file types not recognized, results in: jpg, pdf, mov, doc, unknown
- extension - Actual extension, results in: jpg, pdf, mov, doc, msi
- assetDomain - The 'kind' of file, possible values:
- fileType - File type as reported by exiftool, results in: JPG, PDF, MOV, DOC
- mimeType - MIME type, results in: image/jpeg, application/pdf, video/quicktime, application/msword
Other system fields
Other special fields in Elvis include the following:
- metadataComplete - Has value true if all required metadata is entered