Filtering the Smart Connection panel by file type
By default, the Smart Connection panel shows all types of files: layouts, images, articles, Dossiers and so on. Most of the time though, you only want to see files of a certain type, especially when working with separate Smart Connection panels.
This can be done by using the Smart Connection panel Filter.
Types of files to filter on
The filter can be used to filter by the following types of files:
- Layout Modules
- All file types other than the ones listed above
Using the filter
Step 1. Access the Smart Connection panel.
- Choose Window > Smart Connection > Smart Connection
Step 2. Make sure that the Smart Connection panel is run in Browse mode (which it is by default).
Figure: The Smart Connection panel in Browse mode.
Step 2a. From the Smart Connection panel menu, choose Show as List.
Step 2b. From the Search menu, choose Browse.
Step 3. Do one of the following:
- Right-click anywhere on an empty area in the Search pane
- From the Smart Connection panel menu, choose Filter
Figure: Accessing the Filter by clicking the panel menu button (A).
Step 4. Do one of the following:
- Select none of the options to show all files of all types
- Select one or more options to only show files of these types
Step 5. Click Refresh.
For more detailed information about searching for files, including creating and saving custom searches, see Searching and locating files using Smart Connection.