Adding properties to the Smart Connection panel in InDesign and InCopy
The Smart Connection Panel in InDesign and InCopy is the main access to the files that are stored within the Enterprise system.
When viewing the Smart Connection panel in List View mode, the properties of the file are shown across multiple columns. Columns can be added or removed through the context menu of a column header.
Figure: The context menu (A) is used for adding or removing columns in the Document pane of the Smart Connection panel (B).
By default, a limited number of properties are shown in the menu but additional properties can be added.
Step 1. In Enterprise Server, access the Dialogs Setup Maintenance page.
Choose Dialogs Setup in the Maintenance menu on the left side of the screen or on the Home page.
Step 2. From the Action list at the top of the page, choose one of the following options:
- Query Result Columns. This will make the property available in both InDesign and InCopy.
- Query Result Columns for InCopy. This will make the property available in InCopy only.
- Query Result Columns for InDesign. This will make the property available in InDesign only.
Note: There is no need to make a choice from the Brand and Object Type lists; when making a choice from these lists, they are automatically set to 'All'.
Step 3. At the bottom of the page, click Add Action Property.
Options appear for adding the property.
Step 4. Set the options as needed.
- Order. (Optional) Enter a number that specifies the order in which the property should appear in the Properties pane.
Note: The higher the number, the lower the property will appear.
Note: Custom properties are listed first and are preceded by an asterisk character (*).
Step 5. Do one of the following:
- To add the property without adding another one, click Update.
- To add the property and display a new set of property settings for adding another property, click Add Action Property.
The created action property is displayed in the section above the Add Action Property button.
In the Custom section of the page, a Brand/Object Type/Action group is displayed to indicate that at least one action property has been added to that combination. Clicking the link displays all properties at the bottom of the page that have been configured for that combination.