Smart Connection can only be used when logged in to an instance of Enterprise Server. This is normally done by entering a user name and password in the Log In window.
It is also possible to let Smart Connection automatically log in to the Server each time InDesign or InCopy is started.
Caution: This introduces a security risk when access to the machine on which InDesign or InCopy is not password protected. Use this configuration with care.
Note: This option is not supported when logging in is done via Single Sign-On (SSO).
- File: WWSettings.xml file
- Name of option: AutoLogin
- Location: anywhere between the
- name: the user name
- pw: the password
- location: the name with which the Enterprise Server is defined in the ServerInfo option.
Definition of the Server, here as 'Enterprise 9':
The code for automatically logging into that Server:
Important: Make sure to validate the WWSettings.xml file for correct content. See Validating the WWSettings.xml file.
- 14 August 2019: Added a note about using this option in combination with single sign-on.