Compatibility of Smart Connection with Enterprise Server
This article lists the compatibility of Smart Connection with Enterprise Server (or in other words: to which Enterprise Servers you can log in for each version of Smart Connection).
|Enterprise Server version|
|Smart Connection version||9.0.x – 9.4.x||9.5.x||9.6.x – 9.8.x||10.x|
|Smart Connection for Adobe CS6 1||Yes 2||Yes 2||Yes 2||Yes 2|
|Smart Connection for Adobe CC 4, 6||Yes 3||Yes||-||-|
|Smart Connection for Adobe CC 2014||Yes 5||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Connection for Adobe CC 2015||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Connection for Adobe CC 2017||-||-||-||Yes 7|
Legend: Yes = combination is supported. - = combination of old and new software versions is not supported.
1 Smart Connection 8 has been renamed to 'Smart Connection for Adobe CS6' since January 2015.
2 Requires Smart Connection 8.3.0 or higher.
3 Requires Smart Connection 9.2.0 or higher and Enterprise Server 9.2.0 or higher.
4 Smart Connection 9 has been renamed to 'Smart Connection for Adobe CC' since January 2015.
5 Please take note of the following;
- Smart Connection for Adobe CC 2014 will work correctly for InDesign/InCopy on Enterprise Server version 9.0 – 9.4
- Smart Connection for Adobe CC 2014 will work correctly on InDesign Server when connected to Enterprise Server version 9.4.x, starting with 9.4.3. For Enterprise Server 9.0 – 9.4.2, the integration with InDesign Server CC 2014 will not work.
6 Support for Adobe CC (including InDesign Server CC) has been dropped since Smart Connection 9.4.1.
7 Connecting InDesign Server CC 2017 using Smart Connection requires the following versions of Enterprise Server:
- Enterprise Server 10.0.6 or higher
- Enterprise Server 10.1.3 or higher
- 14 July 2017: Added compatibility information for Adobe CC 2017.
- 10 November 2016: Removed references to Smart Connection 8 and 9 (which have since been renamed) from the table.