Adobe Drive support ended
As of Elvis 4.6, Adobe Drive is no longer available as integration for Elvis. For Elvis DAM users who also use Adobe CS/CC, WoodWing introduces a new InDesign client which functionally replaces Adobe Drive in Elvis 4.6 and 5.0.
As a replacement for Adobe Drive, we introduced a new InDesign client with Elvis 4.6. Also, in Elvis 4.5 a number of improvements were made to the way the desktop client works with checked out files.
InDesign Client plug-in
The Elvis InDesign Client allows you to easily edit InDesign files managed in Elvis, a brief overview of it's features:
- Automatic linking of Elvis images once an InDesign file is opened from Elvis
- Edit original workflow including automatic check- out / in
- Fully integrated with the Elvis desktop client:
- Place images easily via drag 'n drop
- Check- out / in any CC file: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Fast and reliable file transfer
Please find all details in InDesign Client - introduction.
Improved desktop client checkout functionality
In Elvis 4.5, the desktop client is improved to work better with locally checked out files, this includes:
- Checked out files tab:
- Improved UI, easy to check in multiple files
- Added support for saving file versions with a different type, for example save a psd image as version of the jpg original.
- A new feature which opens a file directly with the default application for the registered file type. The file is also automatically checked out as part of the process.