The Desktop client for Elvis 5 is used for various purposes:
- System administrators use it to control to which assets each user has access to
- End users use it as one of the ways to work with the assets that are stored in Elvis
Installing the Elvis 5 Desktop client is done through the admin pages of Elvis Server.
Step 1. Make sure that Elvis 5 Server is installed and running.
Step 2. Access the installation page by doing one of the following:
- From the Avatar menu in the Pro client, choose Install clients (requires Elvis 5.21 or higher).
- Enter the following URL In a Web browser:
http://<Elvis Server URL>/install
Step 3. Click the Desktop client icon and follow the steps on screen.
Once installed the Elvis Desktop client will start automatically and connect to the Elvis Server that it was installed from.
- 1 March 2017: Added information about accessing the client installation page through the Pro client and Brand portal.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.