Sending a file to another user or user group using Smart Connection
Working on a publication is team work. In a typical workflow therefore, you will have to send a file to another user or user group so that it can be processed further.
Note: This process is known as 'routing a file'.
Step 1. Using any of the panels in Smart Connection, locate one or more files that you want to send.
Step 2. Select one or more files and do one of the following:
- Right-click a file and choose Send To...
- Right-click a file and choose Properties... (available only when a single file is selected)
Tip: When multiple files need to be sent, consider using Content Station. This has the following benefits:
A dialog box appears.
Step 3. In the Route To field, choose the user or user group to which you want to send the file(s) to.
Step 4. Click OK.
When multiple files have been selected, additional dialog boxes appear until all files are sent.
How the recipient is notified
- An e-mail is received for every sent file.
Tip: Consider using Content Station so that only 1 e-mail is received, listing all sent files.
Figure: Example of an email.
- The files appear in the Inbox on the Home page of Content Station and in the Inbox in the Smart Connection panel in InDesign and InCopy.
- (Optional) Smart Connection users will see a message appear on screen or hear a sound played.
When Smart Caching is active, the routed file will be automatically downloaded for users of Smart Connection or Content Station 10.
- 18 September 2017: Added information about Smart Caching.