When a file is opened with Smart Connection in InDesign or InCopy, it is saved to the local system so that it can be edited.
Show me where on the system these files are stored
- Users/<user name>/Documents/SmartConnection.noindex/InCopy
- Users/<user name>/Documents/SmartConnection.noindex/InDesign
Windows <![CDATA[ ]]>
- C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\SmartConnection.noindex\InCopy
- C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\SmartConnection.noindex\InDesign
Actions when the file is closed
When the file is closed, the locally stored file is completely removed from the system.
Moving files to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin
To move the locally stored file to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin when the file is closed instead of completely removing it from the system, use the following option:
- File: WWSettings.xml file
- Name of option: RecycleAll
- Location: anywhere between the
- Example: <![CDATA[ ]]>
<SCEnt:RecycleAll/> <![CDATA[ ]]>
Important: Make sure to validate the WWSettings.xml file for correct content. See Validating the WWSettings.xml file.
Do you have corrections or additional information about this article? Leave a comment! Do you have a question about what is described in this article? Please contact Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.