When a file is opened with Smart Connection in InDesign or InCopy, it is saved to the local system so that it can be edited.
Mac OS X
- Users/<user name>/Documents/SmartConnection.noindex/InCopy
- Users/<user name>/Documents/SmartConnection.noindex/InDesign
- C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\SmartConnection.noindex\InCopy
- C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\SmartConnection.noindex\InDesign
Actions when the file is closed
When the file is closed, the locally stored file is completely removed from the system.
Info: This requires Smart Connection version 9.3 or higher.
Show me how I can check which version of Smart Connection I have installed
In Smart Connection version 9.0 – 9.2, the behavior is as follows:
- After closing a layout in InDesign, the file is completely removed from the system
- After closing an article in InCopy, the file is moved to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin
Moving files to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin
To move the locally stored file to the Trash Can / Recycle Bin when the file is closed instead of completely removing it from the system, use the following option:
- File: WWSettings.xml file
- Name of option: RecycleAll
- Location: anywhere between the
Important: Make sure to validate the WWSettings.xml file for correct content. See Validating the WWSettings.xml file.