Adding an article (template) to Enterprise using Smart Connection for InCopy
In Enterprise, the typical workflow is to work on already existing articles or by creating a new article that is based on an article template.
However, it is of course also possible to add an article or article template to Enterprise yourself.
Info: The information presented here applies to the following versions of Smart Connection:
Show me how I can check which version of Smart Connection I have installed
Step 1. Create a new InCopy file or open a file that is stored locally.
Step 2. Use one of the following methods:
- From the Smart Connection menu, choose Save Version..., Save As..., or Check In... .
- From the File menu, choose Save or Save As....
- Use a keyboard shortcut for any of the above mentioned commands.
The Save As dialog box appears.
Step 3. (Optional) Save the article as a template by selecting the option Save as Template at the bottom of the dialog box.
Step 4. In the Name box, type a descriptive name.
Step 5. Make the appropriate choices from the Brand, Issue, Editions, and Category lists to store the article in the desired location.
Step 6. From the Status list, choose the Workflow Status that the article should have.
Step 7. From the Dossier list, choose one of the following options:
- Choose the blank option to not add the article to a Dossier.
- Choose New Dossier to create a Dossier with the same name as the article and automatically add the article to the Dossier.
- Choose an existing Dossier to add the article to it.
Step 8. (Optional) From the Route To list, choose a user or user group to whom the article should be routed to.
Step 9. (Optional) In the Comment box, add a comment. When a user will next open the article, the comment will be displayed on screen.
Step 10. Click OK.
The file is saved as an InCopy article (template) in Enterprise.