Before Smart Connection for InDesign Server can be used, a license for it needs to be activated. This is done by adding the information to a configuration file, the WWActivate.xml file.
Step 1. Verify in the following location if the WWActivate.xml file already exists:
- MacOS: /Library/Preferences/WoodWing/
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Woodwing\
Note: This folder is hidden by default. To display this folder, change the folder options. (For more information about displaying hidden folders, see Windows Help.)
Step 2. Do one of the following:
- If the file exists, open it.
- If the file does not exist, create an XML file containing the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> <wwact:activate xmlns:wwact="http://www.woodwing.com/activation.xml"> <wwact:product> <wwact:key>INSERT YOUR PRODUCT ID HERE</wwact:key> <wwact:serial>INSERT YOUR SERIAL HERE</wwact:serial> <wwact:autho_code>INSERT YOUR ACTIVATION CODE HERE</wwact:autho_code> </wwact:product> </wwact:activate>
Step 3. Replace INSERT YOUR PRODUCT ID HERE with one of the following codes:
|Adobe CC version||Product ID|
|Adobe CC 2014||SID1000|
|Adobe CC 2015||SID1100|
|Adobe CC 2017||SID1200|
|Adobe CC 2018||SID1300|
Step 4. Replace INSERT YOUR SERIAL HERE with the serial number that you received.
Step 5. Do one of the following:
- For performing an online activation, remove the phrase INSERT YOUR ACTIVATION CODE HERE while making sure to leave the
</wwact:autho_code>tags in place.
- For performing an offline activation, replace INSERT YOUR ACTIVATION CODE HERE with the code received.
Step 6. Save the file.
Step 7. Run InDesign Server.
The product is automatically activated. (Make sure that an Internet connection is available when using the online activation method).
- 11 July 2018: Improved the readability of the article by rearranging some of the steps.
- 11 July 2018: Added the Product IDs for Adobe CC 2017 and 2018.