Activating Smart Connection for InDesign Server
Before Smart Connection for InDesign Server can be used, a license needs to be activated for it.
Step 1. Create an XML file containing the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> <wwact:activate xmlns:wwact="http://www.woodwing.com/activation.xml"> <wwact:product> <wwact:key>INSERT YOUR PRODUCT ID HERE</wwact:key> <wwact:serial>INSERT YOUR SERIAL HERE</wwact:serial> <wwact:autho_code>INSERT YOUR ACTIVATION CODE HERE</wwact:autho_code> </wwact:product> </wwact:activate>
Step 2. Replace INSERT YOUR PRODUCT ID HERE with one of the following codes:
- For Adobe CC 2014: SCID1000
- For Adobe CC 2015: SCID1100
Step 3. Replace INSERT YOUR SERIAL HERE with the serial number you received.
Step 4. Do one of the following:
- For performing an offline activation, replace INSERT YOUR ACTIVATION CODE HERE with the code received.
- For performing an online activation, remove the phrase INSERT YOUR ACTIVATION CODE HERE while making sure to leave the
</wwact:autho_code>tags in place.
Step 5. Save the file as WWActivate.xml.
Step 6. Place the file in the following location:
- Mac OS: /Library/Preferences/WoodWing/
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Woodwing\
Note: This folder is hidden by default. To display this folder, change the folder options. (For more information about displaying hidden folders, see the Windows Vista Help file.)
Step 7. Run InDesign Server.
The product is automatically activated. (Make sure that an Internet connection is available when using the online activation method).
- 26 January 2017: Added a step for adding the Product ID.