Sending a file to another user or user group using Content Station 9
Working on a publication is team work. In a typical workflow therefore, you will have to send a file to another user or user group so that it can be processed further.
Note: This process is known as 'routing a file'.
Step 1. Locate one or more files that you want to send anywhere in Content Station.
Step 2. Select one or more files and do one of the following:
- Right-click a file and choose Send To...
- Right-click a file and choose Properties...
- Choose File > Send To...
A dialog box appears.
Step 3. In the Route To field, choose the user or user group to which you want to send the file(s) to.
Step 4. Click OK.
The file is sent.
About sending multiple files
When multiple files have been selected and the Send To option is used, additional dialog boxes appear until all files are sent.
When multiple files have been selected and the Properties option is used, only one Properties dialog box appears for each type of file that has been selected.
Example: When selecting 5 images and 5 articles, first a dialog box will appear to change the properties of the 5 images. After clicking OK, a separate dialog box will appear for changing the properties of the 5 articles. In total, you will see 2 dialog boxes appear.
How the receiver is notified
- An e-mail is received for every sent file.
Note: When files are routed by changing the Route To field of the Properties dialog box for multiple fields, be assured that only 1 email is sent containing links to all selected files.
Figure: Example of an email.
- The files appear in the Inbox on the Home page of Content Station and in the Inbox in the Smart Connection panel in InDesign and InCopy.
- (Optional) Smart Connection users will see a message appear on screen or hear a sound played.