Today we have updated Inception and added the following features:
- Slideshow component
- Add and reorder the images in the slide show using the properties pane
- Export a layout to Inception from InDesign
- With this release you are able to upload the extracted content when creating a new story. Currently only the text is merged into the new article, images are planned for a future release. For more information see "Exporting a Layout to an Inception Story"
- Embed component to embed for example Youtube, Google maps, etc
- It is currently not possible to use the controls of the embedded content when you are editing the content.
- Image fitting for image components
- “Fit content to frame”, “Fit frame to content”, “Fit frame height to content"
- Author component
Important: Please use the latest version of the style template, see "Customizing the look and feel of an Inception Story"
We are currently working on the following new features:
- Templates;A template contains the default components (For example Title, intro, body, footer) and the preselected style and is used to create a new story.
- Selecting a container component
- Add and remove hyperlinks
- Compact UI for the add component dialog
- Uploading a large number of images when creating a new article may result in time outs
- Scroll and rendering issues when editing a story on an iPad
- Exporting to an unsecure (none https) Enterprise server
- Workarounds see "Export to Enterprise" post
- Removing a component with backspace is not always working
- None fixed background for header component is not working on ios devices
If you have any questions please use the Inception forum or contact Tom Pijsel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Inception Team