Publishing an Inception Story to Adobe AEM
Publishing a story from Inception to Adobe AEM can be done in the following ways:
- Directly from Inception to Adobe
- Manually by downloading the Inception Story and uploading it to Adobe
Note: For these methods to work, Inception needs to be configured.
With the direct method you can upload a Story to Adobe AEM with just a few mouse-clicks.
See this method demonstrated in is short video:
Step 1. Access the publish options for the Story or Stories that you want to publish.
Do one of the following:
- From the list of Stories, select one or more Stories and click the Publish button in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Open the Story, access the Publish panel by clicking the Publish icon in the toolbar on the right and then click the Publish button.
Step 2. Choose the following options:
- Target: Adobe AEM.
- Publish to: The name of the Adobe AEM channel.
- Project: The name of the project on Adobe AEM to which you want to publish the Story.
- Optimize images. (Optional but recommended). Select to reduce the file size of the package by down-sizing images which sizes exceed configured settings. A smaller file size means shorter download times and thereby a better experience for the user. The current estimated package size is indicated and adjusted when selecting the option.
This means that your system administrator has not configured this option. Any images in your Story will be uploaded in their original dimension and size; consider using images that are smaller in size.
Note: The indicated file size is an estimation, the final file size may vary.
Step 3. Click Publish.
The Story or Stories are published and will appear on the Adobe AEM site in a few moments.
Step 4. Log in to Adobe AEM, locate your article and add metadata, images and other optional settings.
With the manual method, the Inception Story is first downloaded and subsequently manually uploaded on the Adobe Web site.
See this method demonstrated in this short video:
Step 1. Open the Story that you want to upload.
Step 2. Open the Publish panel by clicking the Publish button in the toolbar and then clicking the Publish button in the panel.
The publish options appear.
Step 3. Choose "Target" Adobe DPS and "Publish to" method Send via email.
Step 4. Click Publish.
The Story will be processed and sent to you by e-mail.
Step 5. Click the link in the e-mail to download the Story.
Step 6. Log in to Adobe AEM and upload the Inception Story to an article.
Figure: The Upload screen on Adobe Publish for uploading the article.