Sending a file to another user or user group with Content Station Aurora
Working on a publication is team work. In a typical workflow therefore, you will have to send a file to another user or user group so that it can be processed further.
Note: This process is known as 'routing a file'.
Step 1. Locate a file anywhere in Content Station that you want to send.
Step 2. Do one of the following:
- Select a file, open the Properties panel and select a user or user group from the Route To field.
- In the Inbox, hover over the file and click the Send To button to make the Send To dialog box appear.
When previewing a layout that contains placed objects such as articles or images, click such an object and from the toolbar click the Send To button to make the Send To dialog box appear. Alternatively, access the toolbar menu and choose Properties to make the Properties dialog box appear.
How the receiver is notified
- When e-mail notifications are configured, an e-mail is received for every sent file.
Figure: Example of an email.
- The routed file appears in the Inbox on the Home page of Content Station and in the Inbox in the Smart Connection panel in InDesign and InCopy.
- Content Station users can see how many files have been routed to them by viewing the Inbox icon at the top of the page. Clicking that icon will open the Inbox. For more information, see Processing routed files using the Inbox in Content Station Aurora.
- When RabbitMQ is integrated in Enterprise Server, a Content Station Aurora user will see a notification stating that a file has been routed.
- When Smart Caching is active, the routed file will be automatically downloaded for Content Station Aurora users.
- (Optional) Smart Connection users will see a message appear on screen or hear a sound played.