Processing routed files using the Inbox in Content Station Aurora
Working on a publication is team work. In a typical workflow therefore, your team members will regularly send you files that you need to edit or review. When done, you will typically send the file to another team member for further processing.
Note: This process of sending files is referred to as 'routing files'.
Checking files that have been routed to you
Files that have been routed to you can be viewed in the Inbox.
The Inbox icon at the top of the page shows how many files are currently in your Inbox.
You access the Inbox by clicking the Inbox icon at the top of the page.
Figure: The Inbox shows all files that have been routed to you. It is accessed by clicking the Inbox icon at the top of the page (A).
Working on the files in your Inbox
Many tasks can be performed on the files in your Inbox, including:
- Opening files for editing (file check-out and check-in)
- Previewing files
- Downloading the original file or a preview of it
- Sending the file to another user
Tip: To see the available options for a file, hover over the file with the mouse or right-click the file.
Removing a file from your Inbox
Removing a file from your Inbox is done by making sure that the file is not routed to you anymore. You can do this in the following ways:
- Route the file to another user or to a user group of which you are not a member. It will then appear in the Inbox of the user or the users of the group.
- Hover over the file and click the 'Remove file from Inbox' icon. This will essentially remove your name from the Route To field; the file is now not routed to anyone anymore.
Note: This icon is disabled when: