Adding custom functionality to Content Station Aurora
Different working environments and workflows require a variety of different tools to get the job done easily and efficiently. Such tools vary from using spell checkers, translating sections of text, accessing external references, and so on.
When such functionality is not available in Content Station by default, it can be added as custom functionality.
This article describes the areas in Content Station to which custom functionality can be added.
Files in search results
- Custom context menu commands. Custom commands can be added to the context menu of a file that is shown in the search results. These commands can be linked to specific actions, such as printing a file, downloading a custom contact sheet in PDF format, and so on.
For more information, see Adding custom context menu commands to Content Station Aurora.
The following custom functionality can be added to the Print editor:
- Third-party spell checkers. Third-party spell checkers can be integrated in the Print editor by making use of an API: one for adding actions such as buttons and menus to the Print editor and one for manipulating text such as checking the spelling.
For more information, see Integrating third-party spell checkers in the Print editor of Content Station Aurora.
Info: This feature requires Content Station 11.6 or higher.
Custom integrations can be added to the Digital editor to make functionality such as the following possible:
- Custom previews
- Dialogs showing Web CMS metadata and/or related content
- A menu bar containing options that trigger specific functionality
- Getting the article content in JSON format
For more information, see Adding custom integrations to the Digital editor.
Info: This feature requires Content Station 11.7 or higher.
Custom integrations can be added to the Publication Overview to make functionality such as the following possible:
- Printing the full Publication Overview to PDF
- Download all layouts as a PDF
For more information, see Adding custom integrations to the Publication Overview.
Custom functionality can also be added as an application that is accessed through the Applications menu. As is the case with the default applications such as the Publication Overview and the Trash Can, Custom Applications run in a full Content Station window, including the header and Back button.
For more information, see Adding Custom Applications to Content Station Aurora.
- 7 March 2018: added section 'Publication Overview'.
- 21 February 2018: added section 'Digital editor'.