Publishing a Story to Apple News using Content Station Aurora
This article describes how to publish a Story to Apple News using Content Station Aurora.
Note: For this to work, configuration steps are needed on Apple News and in Inception. It is assumed here that this has been done. For more information, see Configuring Content Station Aurora for publishing to Apple News.
Before you publish
Before you publish a Story to Apple News, make sure of the following:
- Each Story should have at least one image component defined.
Note: The first image component will be used as a thumbnail on Apple News in the list of stories.
- The image in each Hero component should follow the following requirements:
- It should be in JPG, JPEG or PNG format.
- Minimum size: 300 x 300 pixels.
- The aspect ratio (width versus height) must be between 0.5 and 3.0.
Note: If any of these requirements is not met, the story is not published on Apple News.
Publishing to Apple News
Step 1. Open the article that you want to publish in the Digital editor.
Step 2. In the top right corner, click Publish.
The Publish options window appears.
Step 2. Choose the following options:
- Target: Apple News.
- Publish to: The name of the Apple News channel.
Step 3. Click Publish.
The Story is published and will appear on Apple News in a few moments.
Step 4. Log in to the Apple News Publisher or to Apple News and verify that your story is available.