This article describes how to publish a Story to Apple News using Content Station Aurora.
Note: For this to work, configuration steps are needed on Apple News and in Content Station. It is assumed here that this has been done. For more information, see Configuring Content Station Aurora for publishing to Apple News.
Before you publish
Before you publish a Story to Apple News, take note of the following:
- Each Story should contain at least one Hero component, else the Story will not be published.
- Each Story should have at least one image component defined.
- The first image component will be used as a thumbnail on Apple News in the list of stories.
- Make sure that the article only contains supported components and that their properties are correctly set. For an overview, see Creating a Story for publishing to Apple News using Content Station Aurora.
- Take note of the ways of optimizing images for publishing to a digital channel.
Publishing to Apple News
Step 1. Open the article that you want to publish in the Digital editor.
Step 2. In the top right corner, click Publish.
The Publish options window appears.
Step 2. Choose the following options:
- Target: Apple News.
- Publish to: The name of the Apple News channel.
Step 3. Click Publish.
The Story is published and will appear on Apple News in a few moments.
Step 4. Log in to the Apple News Publisher or to Apple News and verify that your story is available.
- 16 October 2019: Added a bullet to section 'Before you publish' about optimizing images.