Release Notes for Content Station Aurora
The Content Station Release Notes contain information about the new features, changes, fixed issues, known issues and upgrade instructions for each release of Content Station Aurora (version 11).
The versions are sorted by version number in descending order. Use the Navigation block to the right of the page to quickly navigate to the information of a released version.
Content Station 11.0 build 157
Release date: 29 November 2017
Content Station version: 11.0 build 157
Content Station Server plug-in version: build 84
Content Station Desktop App version: 2.1.0 build 31
Content Station Desktop App - Chrome extension: 1.0 build 15
Content Station Aurora offers the next step in multichannel publishing by making it possible to create channel-neutral content that can be easily re-used in digital and print channels.
The download files for Content Station Aurora can be found in the Release announcement.
The following new features have been added to Content Station 11.0 build 157:
Using Content Station Aurora, two types of content can be created:
- Content specifically for print. This is done using the Print editor and the Print article file format.
- Channel-neutral content for output to digital and print channels. This is done using the Digital editor using the Digital article file format. This format can only be opened in the Digital editor of Content Station, not in InDesign or InCopy. Digital channels that are available to publish to are Adobe AEM, Apple News, Facebook Instant Articles or any custom channel.
For more information, see Available article editors in Content Station Aurora.
Figure: The Digital editor is used for creating channel-neutral content for output to digital and print channels.
Figure: The Print editor is used for creating content specifically for output to print.
Content Station Aurora is available in 2 Editions:
- Content Station print. As far as creating content is concerned, this version only contains the Print editor for creating content specifically for output to print.
- Content Station multichannel. As far as creating content is concerned, this version contains the Print editor for creating content specifically for output to print, as well as the Digital editor for creating channel-neutral content for output to digital and print channels.
Each Edition requires a different license. Users will have to choose the Edition to use when logging in to Content Station.
For a full overview of the differences in features, see Content Station Aurora Editions.
In a 'digital first' workflow in Content Station, stories are first published to one or more digital output channels such as Adobe AEM, Apple News, Facebook Instant Articles or a custom channel such as a Web CMS.
This is done by creating and publishing a Digital article using the Digital editor.
Next, these stories might be re-used in a print publication such as tomorrow's newspaper or next month's magazine.
To re-use a Digital article in a print workflow, a print variant of the Digital article can be created which is optimized for a print environment.
The process of creating a print variant consists of the following actions:
- A print variant is created in the form of a Print article
- The Print article is subsequently placed on a layout
Creating a print variant can be done by placing it on a layout that already exists (typically done from within the Publication Overview application), or by placing it on a new layout.
For more information, see the following articles:
The following Access Rights have been added to Enterprise Server 10.2 for use in Content Station Aurora:
|Workflow||Create Digital article templates||Allows a user to create and edit Digital article templates.|
|Workflow||Publish||Allows a user to publish Digital articles from the Digital editor.|
|Digital Styling||Local style overrides||
Reserved for future use.
Note: The group named 'Digital Styling' is new to Enterprise Server 10.2.
For more information about Access Rights, see Access Rights in Enterprise 10.
Layouts in the Publication Overview application can now be right-clicked to access their context menu.
To use Content Station Aurora, the following needs to be installed:
- Enterprise Server:
- Multichannel Edition: Enterprise Server 10.2 or higher
- Print Edition: Enterprise Server 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2
- Smart Connection:
- Users of Smart Connection for Adobe CC 2017 should install Smart Connection version 12.0.0 build 7 (Quick Patch) or higher. This fixes some issues related to the print variant feature of Content Station Aurora.
The following documentation accompanies the release for Content Station 11.0:
- Product documentation is available in the Content Station Aurora section on the Help Center
- Access Rights in Enterprise 10 - updated
Note: The Compatibility Matrix has not yet been updated with information about Content Station Aurora.
The following known issues exist for Content Station 11.0 build 157:
- Saving a layout while previewing the layout in might result in an "Operation can not be executed" message when RabbitMQ is disabled.
- When creating a print variant, the order of the components is not correctly respected (planned for next release).
- When creating a print variant, components that are positioned below a Container component are not included.
- The Publication Overview sometimes fails to load for the first time when opening it in Internet Explorer 11.
The following issue has been fixed for Content Station 11.0 build 157:
CSH-2795 List view does not end.
PO-205 Duplicate pages panel always expands when selecting page.
WR-893 Article name still editable when Article state is blocked.
For information about installing Content Station Aurora, see Content Station Aurora full installation.