When using Content Station, you work on files that are stored in a database on a server. To access these files you have to log in to that server first. It is not possible to open Content Station without accessing a server.
Depending on your credentials and the way Content Station is configured, you can log in to the following Editions of Content Station:
- Content Station print. As far as creating content is concerned, this version only contains the Print editor for creating content specifically for output to print.
- Content Station multichannel. As far as creating content is concerned, this version contains the Print editor for creating content specifically for output to print, as well as the Digital editor for creating channel-neutral content for output to digital and print channels.
Note: For a full overview of the differences in features, see Comparing the different Editions of Content Station Aurora.
The process of logging in depends on how the server to which you log in has been set up: with or without single sign-on (SSO).
Note: Single sign-on is a process that automatically logs you in to an application or system by using credentials that you entered when logging in once to an authentication provider that manages your user credentials.
Once logged in to that authentication provider, each subsequent log-in to an application that is connected to that provider (such as Content Station) is automatically handled by that system. This drastically reduces the number of times you manually have to log in on a daily basis.
- With SSO support. When accessing the link to Content Station, you will be automatically logged in when you are already logged in to the authentication provider. Else, you will be guided through the process by various messages that appear on screen. Follow the steps until the process is completed.
- Without SSO support. To log in, enter your user name and password, choose the Edition you want to log in to and click Sign In.
Figure: The Sign In page.
After logging in, the main screen appears.
For more information about using Content Station, see the Content Station Aurora quick start.
Logging in to a different server
The link that you use to access Content Station with is directly linked to that instance of Enterprise Server. Accessing a different instance requires a different link.
- 14 August 2019: Updated section 'Logging in' with information about using SSO.