Configuring Content Station Aurora for publishing to Adobe AEM
This article describes how to set up Content Station for publishing stories to Adobe AEM. It involves the following steps:
- Obtaining a Client ID and Device token from Adobe by using your Adobe ID
- Setting up a Publish Channel in Content Station
- Testing the configuration by publishing a Story
Before you start
Before you start, it is recommended to first test the general process of publishing to digital channels in Enterprise Server. Do this by publishing a Story using the option 'Send via e-mail'. Should this not work, troubleshoot this first.
1. Obtaining an Adobe Device ID and Device token
To connect Content Station with Adobe AEM, a Device ID and Device token is needed. These can be obtained from Adobe by using your Adobe ID.
Step 1. Create an Adobe ID or use an existing Adobe ID and assign it to Adobe AEM projects and user roles.
Note: Do not use an AdobeID that is associated with a Master Admin for Adobe AEM.
Step 2. Navigate to https://aex.aemmobile.adobe.com/ to access the Adobe IMS Device Token Generator:
Step 3. Fill in the following IMS Client ID and click Generate Token:
Step 4. Log in with the Adobe ID that you created in step 1.
A Device ID and Device Token will be generated. Keep these available, you will need to enter them in the following step.
2. Setting up a Publish Channel in Content Station
Publishing a Story to Adobe AEM in Content Station is done by using a Publish Channel. This Publish Channel needs to be set up.
Step 1. In Enterprise Server, access the Management Console for Content Station.
Click Integrations > Content Station.
Step 2. In the menu, choose Publish Channels.
The Publish Channels page appears showing all Brands. When selecting a Brand, all Publication Channels for that Brand appear.
Step 3. From the Channel list at the top of the page, make sure that Adobe AEM is selected.
Step 4. Click Add Channel.
Step 5. Fill out the details.
- Name. Enter a descriptive name.
- Device token. Enter the Device Token that was generated in the steps above.
- Device ID. Enter the Device ID that was generated in the steps above.
Step 6. Click outside any of the fields to have the channel automatically created.
Note: For security reasons, the Device Token and Device ID are hidden from view.
3. Testing the configuration by publishing a Story
Test the configuration by publishing a Story to Adobe AEM.