Info: This feature requires the Elvis InDesign client version 3.3 or higher.
This article is part of a series that describes how to use Elvis 6 with Adobe InDesign.
In this article, the process of relinking files is described.
Note: It is assumed here that you are logged in to Elvis in InDesign.
Relinking placed files
When working on a layout on which files are placed that are stored in Elvis, you may run into a scenario where the link between the files on the layout and those in Elvis need to be restored or recreated.
Files can be re-linked individually or all at the same time.
To update all files at the same time, do one of the following:
- Choose Elvis > Relink All Assets to Elvis
- From the Links panel menu, choose Elvis > Relink All Assets to Elvis
To update one or more individual files, do one of the following:
- Select the file frame and choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
- Select the file frame, right-click the frame and choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
- Select one or more files in the Links panel and from the panel menu, choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
- Select one or more files in the Links panel, right-click any of the files in the panel and choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
A message appears asking you to confirm that you want to relink the files.
When during the process multiple matching files are found, you are asked which of the files to link to.
In case all files that you are relinking are located in the same folder, click the option 'Relink all selected images to assets from the same Elvis folder'. Any matches that are found are then automatically resolved without displaying the message.
- 15 November 2018: Renamed from 'Relinking placed images with (other) images in Elvis using Elvis 6'.