Relinking placed images with (other) images in Elvis using Elvis 6
Info: This feature requires the Elvis InDesign client version 3.3 or higher.
When working on a layout on which images are placed that are stored in Elvis, you may run into a scenario where the link between the images on the layout and those in Elvis need to be restored or recreated.
Images can be re-linked individually or all at the same time.
To update all images at the same time, do one of the following:
- Choose Elvis > Relink All Assets to Elvis
- From the Links panel menu, choose Elvis > Relink All Assets to Elvis
To update one or more individual images, do one of the following:
- Select the image frame and choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
- Select the image frame, right-click the frame and choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
- Select one or more images in the Links panel and from the panel menu, choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
- Select one or more images in the Links panel, right-click any of the images in the panel and choose Elvis > Relink Asset to Elvis
A message appears asking you to confirm that you want to relink the images.
When during the process multiple matching images are found, you are asked which of the images to link to.
In case all images that you are relinking are located in the same folder, click the option 'Relink all selected images to assets from the same Elvis folder'. Any matches that are found are then automatically resolved without displaying the message.