When experiencing a technical issue with Elvis Server, various types of information and log files are needed to correctly troubleshoot the issue. Collecting all this information can be done by using the Support Tools page of Elvis Server.
The page can be used to quickly check if the Server configuration is as expected and to download various files and folders for troubleshooting, reference, or for forwarding to WoodWing Support.
Figure: The Support Tools page.
Accessing the tools
Do one of the following:
- For Elvis 6.16 or higher: access the Management Console and in the menu on the left, choose Tools > Support tools.
- For Elvis 6.15 or lower: access the Admin pages and choose 'Support tools' in the menu bar.
Using the tools
The sections below explain how to use each tool.
Download ZIP file
Use this tool to download various types of information from the cluster in an easy to use ZIP format.
Choose to download one or all of the following options:
- System configuration: Information as shown on the Support Tools page.
- Cluster metrics: Information as shown on the Server Status page.
- Logs from last # days: Log files from each node, placed in folders per node.
- Various configuration files from the Elvis Server/config folder (from one node):
- Full contents of Plugins/active folder.
- Full contents of Taxonomies folder.
- Full contents of Messages folder.
This section contains information about the running cluster, including all changed configuration properties that are applied cluster-wide.
Note: Properties in the cluster-config files that match the default value are not shown.
This section contains information about the operating system running on the node and all changed configuration properties that are specific to this node.
Note: Properties in the node-config files that match the default value are not shown.
This section contains information about the use of Elasticsearch, including monitoring plug-ins as well as an overview of the current health status of Elasticsearch.
Note: More detailed information is available in the System configuration that can be downloaded from the Support tools section.
- 5 June 2018: Added information about accessing the page through the Management Console.
- 5 June 2018: Changed title from 'Using the Support Tool page of Elvis 6 Server' to 'Gathering Elvis 6 Server information for troubleshooting'.