However, should this process be interrupt or not working at all, the synchronization can be initiated manually by using the Enterprise Update page in Elvis Server.
Accessing the page
Do one of the following:
- For Elvis 6.16 or higher: access the Management Console and in the menu on the left, choose Tools > Enterprise update.
- For Elvis 6.15 or lower: access the Admin pages and choose 'Enterprise update' in the menu bar.
The admin page shows registered Enterprise server IDs (one or several, depending to your system configuration).
Note: Enterprise servers are only shown when the synchronization job is active.
A full update can be started per Enterprise server. Started updates can be stopped if required. Use "Refresh" to update the status of the page, it will show a list of registered Enterprise servers and status of their update, if update was started.
- none - initial
- finished - when finished normally without user interruptions
- stopping - when interrupted by user, but not stopped yet
- stopped - when interrupted by user and really stopped sending updates
Note: Enterprise update might fail to start if other heavy processes (like index builder, updater or backup) are running.
There are a few settings to tune the update process, these can be configured in the config.properties file (requires a server restart).
# # Number of assets to fetched for the queue at a time (balances queue load between bulk update and runtime updates) # enterpriseUpdateBatchSize = 50 # # Pause in milis between batches (makes server less loaded with the update process) # enterpriseUpdatePauseMilis = 1000 # # We can send updates to the queue only if it is loaded not more then allowedQueueLoadPercentage # (balances queue load between bulk update and runtime updates) # enterpriseUpdateAllowedQueueLoadPercentage = 60
- 5 June 2018: Changed title from 'The Enterprise Update admin page in Elvis 6' to 'Updating all Enterprise objects which are linked to Elvis 6'