Connecting the Content Station 10 Desktop app to Enterprise Server through a proxy server
If the connection to Enterprise Server runs through a proxy server and the Content Station 10 Desktop app is used for communicating to other applications, the proxy settings need to be configured in the Desktop app.
This feature requires Content Station 10.16 or higher, running in Google Chrome, and using the Content Station Desktop app. It is assumed here that it is fully installed and running. For details, see Using the Desktop app of Content Station 10.
Configuring the proxy settings is done through the Settings window of the Content Station Desktop app.
Step 1. Click Configure proxy settings.
The proxy settings appear.
Step 2. Configure the following options:
- Enabled. Select or clear the check box to quickly enable or disable the feature.
- Server address. Enter the address of the proxy server.
- Type. Cannot be changed. Is set to HTTP by default.
- HTTP tunnel. Defines whether HTTP Proxy tunneling should be used or not.
- User name and password. (Optional) Enter the user name and password needed to log in to the proxy server.
Step 2. Click Save.
Step 3. Close the Desktop App and run it again.